Sometimes you just want to link to a file or within a content field, but it can be a little tricky figuring out how to do it. Linking to a page might be self explanatory, but to a file can be a little confusing. Below are some instructions that will hopefully make the process a little less painless for you.
- Highlight the text you want to link to a file.
- Click the link icon in the toolbar.
- In the 'Link Info' tab click the 'Browse Server' button.
- Upload the file as you normally would.
- After uploading, make sure the file is selected. Sometimes it uploads the file but doesn't actually select it for you.
- Now that the file is selected, click the 'Add File' button in the lower right corner of the window.
- Click 'Ok'.
That should be it. Your text should now be linked to the file.